Hi again everyone, I have fabulous news to share! :D
I don't think many people know that in my previous job, I made a scene at peak hour when many customers was there. Let my clarify first that: IT WAS NOT MY FAULT!!
So, this was what happened. *skip this paragraph if you really do not wish to hear me babble*
I was helping "G" my boss at the front counter and the things he require me to do when there was many customers was to take order, cash and help him put in extra hint of a special ingredient in the juice then put on lids and also call it out and hand it out. All at the same time. So, When i was returning change to a customer and he was shouting next to me, Esther chop chop get this outta here! So much in my mind I had to remember what he order he has to do next and also shout the smoothies order to the kitchen. So, bottom line is: IT WAS A MESS! But i thought i did my best! So, I have no regrets. Back up a little to when I was giving the customer his change, I kind of screw it up but I still got it in my head. (You have to know that the cash machine they have there doesn't lets you know how much is the change, it simply just open up when you click enter and you have to calculate the change in your head. Yes, they were "kiamsiap" people and didn't want to spend on changing the cash machine.) So, I gave the wrong change. There I said it. I wanted to explain myself more but I guess, i can't sugarise it anymore. Ok, I admit, I should have been able to take care of all of it and especially give the right change. But at least i did think right after i handed out the change that there is short! So, i quickly get more money from the cash machine and at this point, G was simply on fire already. He say the F word to me and ask how could i screw it up! I guess he has high expectation for me. But still... You know?! >.< After the F word came out of his mouth I really could not remember what happen. As if I black out and nothing enters my brain. And before i knew it, I shouted at him: Could you please just let me do it myself! And Wow... my face was flushed and I could feel my heart thumping and what is worse? Tears came falling down. I was like.. OMG. Gave the right change and left to the toilet to kick and punch myself, virtually of course. :P
So, that was it. A piece of story I got from working in tropicana. But then, lets back up more back to the customer whom i was returning the change. He, is a very frequent customer, nice person, instead of me asking him how is he, he asked me and actually mean it when he ask like he is concern and want to know more. On my last day, he was there and I told him that it was my last day. He then told me what he and his friend, girlfriend i think? thought of me. They say i had guts to stand up to G and that they wanted to hire me as their manager if they ever have a restaurant in the future. Ahh.. you know? I felt as if my efforts were appreciated for the first time in a long time working there. :D
Hmm. Why did i post it here today?! Because!!!! *JENG JENG JENG* I just saw that customer here in my UNI. Apparently, he is one of the tutors here. Name Rob and tutoring the subject architecture design, i think. Ah, I haven't got a very nice day today (forgot to bring my phone and wallet, so pathetic I had to refuse my friend's invitation to go eat in the city, sat alone at the bench having leftovers from Sunday, yes it was yuck.) but it turn out not too bad when i see him and all the memories came flashing in my mind. That is it! I'm late for class. :) Toodles~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment