Sunday, July 25, 2010

Too Nice?!

First things first, today is my first day of the second semester, feeling just great. :)
My Maths teacher is so pretty and cool, except for the times she find people texting in class, but overall she is cool. My Chemistry teacher is awesome too, keeping the atmosphere in higher spirits, not dead and making us wanting to sleep, which is fabulous!! But they both say the same things, it is 2nd semester now, everything is in a higher level, which means higher difficulty, also means, more effort needed. Please, please Esther! Focus!!

Back to the title, why too nice? So, in just a few days, i have a couple of people saying that i am too nice. Example: friend doesn't know where the train station to take bus to airport is, i take him there because i had nothing to do at that time, is that too much? Hmm, i was told, there is a fine line being a nice friend, or sending off a dangerous signal. I swear, okay, i don't swear. But i promise, i had no intention of giving off any signal, i was just trying to be nice. But Mr.R kind of talk some sense into me. In this matter and also in the matter of me being needy, but that can be save for later. I must learn to say no, I need to know when to say no. Little bird make known to me, yes, it is in Asian culture to always be nice, Asian are always generally nicer than non-asians, I am not being racist here, let me clarify. But nice has to have its limit too! I need to learn to say no, said the little bird. It is not easy, and i've been told a few times this, but I'm still learning. Spare me.

Being needy, Mr.R really did open my eyes in this one. He wasn't saying I don't need friends, but he was merely making the point visible to me, the point that, I should feel comfortable even when there is no friends around me. Most importantly, not so self-concious, because not everyone on the street will be talking bout you. Loosen up and relax, be yourself! I don't need friends to be around me 24/7 to know that i have friends, they do have things they have to do too. I shouldn't feel lonely and that i NEED someone when i am alone, which is perfectly alright. I just need to know that i have friends and i do not have to make too much effort to make new friends, but wait, stating it out myself now kind of make me contradict what i learn from Mr.S the other day. Hmm, oh well, I just got to be myself yeah? Gosh, this is difficult. Way more complicated than Physics. Views and comments on this topic? Please? You are most welcomed.

Second semester just started, really hope i can make friends that will think of me when they are heading out, or friend that think of me when they have 2 of the same thing and thinking who to give the extra to, and friends that actually don't mind me for being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment