Anyway, I will be meeting up with friends and spend the day Karaoke in the city! =D yayaya! Quite excited but I am so exhausted so it is not really showing? If you get what I mean.
Main reason of writing this post was just because I wanna share about a book I finish reading yesterday.!! The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks. Honestly, I didn't enjoy this as much as his other romantic novels. Plot is mainly about Taylor McAden a contractor, also a volunteer at the fire department, cursed himself to lifelong torment because he thought that the he was the cause of his father's death. In his opinion, he is not entitled to any happiness but for any opportunity he have to save anyone, he will. Until he met Denise a girl who have moved to her mother's hometown to make a new life. Having a son with Central Auditory Processing Disorder(dyslexia for sound) and no other family members, life was obviously not easy for her. And there was Taylor again, set out to rescue Denise, whenever he thought he was having a bit too much fun, he would stop and take few steps back until ultimately he tried to back away from their relationship. At the end of the day, no, he had no one. That was when he realized what a mistake he made, pushing everyone away, seemingly trying to rescue them but hurting them in the end. The person who needed rescue was himself all along. From the torment that he was putting himself through, the nightmares and the self-loathe. Great plot no doubt, especially down to each detail about working with her son. I like the novel especially for that. And it was said at the end that this was what Nicholas himself have to face with his own son.
I always wonder, and i hate myself for thinking that: if in the future I have a child who has learning disabilities, or any physical defects, would I still love him/her because he/she is my child? To have asked the question makes me hate myself. Okay, not exactly hating myself like I want to do bad things to me. But you know, urghh. I'm bad at explaining myself here.
Back to the novel. Reason I didn't like it as much was not because the author did not present his ideas thoroughly or clearly but because I wasn't interested in how an accident would have occur down to the slightest detail of where he would buckle a hook to save someone? Not you Nick, its me. =P and also having the ending so rushed. I feel for all his novels he does it. I don't know how else he could portray the story but I just felt that it was pretty rushed. For a person like me who love fairytales and happy endings, you know, give me more!! More than just the few short pages on how happy they are in the end! =P OH! One big thing I didn't like, yes you made me cry when Mitch died. But why does he have to die!!!! *cry* They were such good friends. But I guess with that, only then Taylor would have thought about him being alone for the first time, having no one to rescue and drowning in his own sorrows.
Just for laughs, heh, one of the first few times I carry my niece. And she puked! Its capture in the moment and frozen there. I will always be the aunty who look out for you little miss Kaelyn. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment