And yes he did. You have made me very proud Richard. =) So very proud. Richard, this same student who ran and got first place in 1500m race about 20 seconds at least ahead of the rest of the contestant. The same Richard who was scouted by US college to be offered a basketball scholarship. I hope I brought you one step close to your dreams.
Being a teacher, these are the times when you will constantly look back and think: have I made a difference? I really hope I did.
That aside, I got my evaluation form from the students today. There were four classes, two of which I think the students liked me better and the other two of which I think students didn't like me as much. And what do you know? Of course my mentor has to beat me down and only get the feedback from the two classes which didn't like me as much. I think I was given unfair comments and I do take this personally, maybe too much so.
"We should be allowed to talk when she talks". I am sorry K, but that is just bullshit. Eating and listening may go well together, but talking and listening, no. That is why I made that rule.
"She teaches too fast". One subtopic each lesson and after ~4 lessons we do a wrap up revision. Is that too quick? I absolutely DO NOT think so. If you had more time, I could have did more "interesting" activities with you. But no. We did not have time.
"She has bad sentence structure" Well, I am sorry. But i am quite upset about this comment, as well as the few other english language related comments. My mentor did not comment about this. Could you kids have made this up to make me feel shit about myself? What do you not understand? Let me know. I did write down next to things to improve (be specific). Give me some solid examples!!! *Sigh*
Alrighty, before I explode. I want to head off now. Nights world. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Brag about the two classes!
ReplyDelete