Since school gave us a day off today, I decided to cook something I have not. Went shopping that day, after a whole good month of staying home due to coronavirus. Le hubby has been doing the shopping.
SO I did! Sambal prawn!
https://www.malaysianchinesekitchen.com/sambal-udang-prawn-sambal/
This is the recipe I used - My new house kitchen is still a little limited. I had to resort to using some substitutes. Heh. The actual cooking, I used the below.
4 dry chilies,
4 cili padi (deseed),
half brown onion,
3 cloves garlic,
1 bay leave,
30ml water - blend everything above.
400g prawns peeled, deveined and cut into small pieces.
Heat 2 tbs oil, dump the blended paste, add 1 tsp tomyum paste, fry until fragrant.
Add juice of half lemon, stir - done!
It was surprisingly good. Le hubby gave it a thumbs up and made me so proud of myself. Given that I am almost 30 now and this is the first time attempting something like this, something I would eat in Malaysia.
This is the outcome....
Soup on the side is BKT. Leftover from last night meal. :) I am learning, baby! Yes, I am!


No comments:
Post a Comment