So, for those of you who love Kaya, the spread, not the rich - here is the recipe for you. It is surprisingly easy to make but I am not sure what I can do to infuse more of the pandan taste into it.
Here goes.
3 egg yolks
30g of brown sugar
65g of gula melaka
200ml of coconut cream
pandan 3 leaves tied up
That was all the ingredient there are..... Can you believe it...
Basically just dump everything into a pan (I used pressure cooker to control the heat), stir in one direction to evaporate excess liquid, get it to desired consistency and walla! All done. The only thing is not to let it boil. Once you see it starting to boil, turn off flame, keep stirring. If you like it thicker after that, turn on flame when cooled down a bit then go again.
Overall experience and taste of making kaya: 7.5/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment